Fresh, tasty and healthy salad for everyone.
1. Place the lettuce in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and onion; set aside.
2. Place the oil, measured lemon juice, oregano, measured salt, and pepper to taste in a small, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Taste and season with additional lemon juice, salt, or pepper as needed. Sprinkle with the feta and serve.
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces, washed, and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and large dice
- 1 medium English cucumber, large dice
- 1 cup olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 medium lemon), plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)